DFA scheduling for inline assembly.

Hi all,

I am writing a port of gcc for a target processor which has special
channel communication instructions. Currently, these are accessed using
inline assembly:

  asm ("PUTVALUE %0,%1" : /* No outputs. */ : "r" (port) , "r" (value));

  asm ("GETVALUE %0,%1" : "r" (dest) : "r" (port));

The processor uses VLIW and can execute one or more communications in
parallel with conventional ALU/MEM/BRANCH instructions. I am using the
DFA scheduler to generate VLIW'd code, but the inline assembly is never
combined with other instructions. Is there any way that I can detect the
inline assembly instructions so that I can tag them with the EU's they
use so that I can then schedule them alongside other instructions?

Thanks,

 Dan.

Daniel Towner
picoChip Designs Ltd., Riverside Buildings, 108, Walcot Street, BATH,
BA1 5BG
dant@picochip.com
07786 702589