Re: GCC Steering Committee decision on ISO C conversion

> Given Ulrich's reaction to incorporating K&R compat back into glibc,
> we'll have to maintain our own copy.  I think we should keep any
> changes to a minimum so we don't diverge from the "master" regex.c
> copy too much.  Please keep that in mind when you figure out what to
> do.

See PR 7170.  The main problem is the string concatenation used in the
definition of re_error_msgid.  If you have thoughts on a good way to
fix this let me know.

>  > A whole bunch of ISO stuff has snuck into 3.2.
>
> Er, "whole bunch"?  I found one nit in gengtype.c which I fixed.
> What else is causing trouble?  (And for where, hpux or vax-ultrix?)

They affect both.  I filed a couple of PRs: 7162 and 7163 for hpux.
You may have fixed some or all of the problems in 7162.  There are
more problems of a similar nature which I didn't file as it was
getting late when I tried the build.

Dave