This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: How to determine that 2.0 == (float) 2 in a front-end.
- From: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- To: tej at melbpc dot org dot au, toon at moene dot indiv dot nluug dot nl
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 00:51:43 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: How to determine that 2.0 == (float) 2 in a front-end.
x**6.0 can be rendered as x**6 (which is y=x*x, z=y*y, z=z*y).
Note that this is liikely less accurate than calling a well written
Note that for example x*x*x*x is generally more accurate than x**2**2
I don't necesarily argue for the more accurate form (generally Fortran
operates in the "who cares that much about last bit accuracy anyway")
but it is good to be aware of these things.