Re: Move snapshots from the 3.1.1 branch to the 3.2?

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002 rbrown64@csc.com.au wrote:
> Should snapshots always track the development branch?
> They're currently coming off the 3.1.1 branch.

At least after 3.1.1 I believe we should really switch back to mainline
again, so that we get sufficient testing for the stabilization of 3.2.

> Could the snapshot contain the necessary CVS files so that it could be
> updated with a cvs update as some of the gdb ones may do?

That's not an easy one, unless the snapshot is made from
subversions.gnu.org instead of gcc.gnu.org, as the former
is the one we want to point anonymous users to.

(Though, one could write a script to check out from gcc.gnu.org
and then convert the CVS files to refer to subversions.gnu.org
instead.)

Gerald