Re: Public History of the GCC project

Thanks to you all for all your interesting tips and ideas.
I cannot promise that anything will come of this for a while,
but I will be caching up on the history of the GCC.
I think that it is an sociological and historical object of study unto
itself.

A real shame that the older mails got lost,
I wonder if the FSF would be willing to make the older archives
available?

> Hm, my eyes may be deceiving me, but it _appears_ that there are
> lots of old gcc releases here:
>
> 	ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/old-releases/

Funny that I got stuck on this link and did not look further :
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/old-gnu/gcc/

On that point, a bit of humor,
I found this looking for old GNUS!

http://www.grounder.com/oldgnu.htm
I wont quote the whole joke here,
but the Punchline is :
>>"What a fool. Everybody knows you can't teach an old gnu dog tricks!"

Best Regards and Happy Hacking,

Mike

=====
James Michael DuPont