Re: Meta-Level Compilation project / Introspector/ AST access / Licensing question (PCH patch gengtype.c)

On Sun, 23 Jun 2002, Tim Josling wrote:

> As an aside, the PCH patch introduced a change to gcc which provides a single
> program with a complete *computer* *readable* description of the important gcc
> data structures. This is then used to generate the garbage collection code.

Yes, but it's output is GPL'd.
:)
So any interfacing code using it would be GPL'd as well.
Remember, the problem isn't people writing GPL'd "plugins" (I'm trying to
be all encompassing here) to gcc, it's people writing proprietary ones.