This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC Steering Committee decision on ISO C conversion
- From: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- To: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, <phil at jaj dot com>
- Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 10:24:57 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: GCC Steering Committee decision on ISO C conversion
> > So, we can convert the C++ front-end to happy C, but if that code is
> > later merged into the C front end -- as is the goal, I'm told -- we
> > have to convert it back to crappy C?
> > Phil
> Yes. Though if you wait long enough, a future release of GCC may be
> entirely C90. For now we're just talking about the 3.2 series.
And if we wait long enough, all the HPUX boxes without a compiler that
supports ISO C will die and not be able to get replacement parts.
I think it's pretty much a toss up which will occur first.