This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC Steering Committee decision on ISO C conversion
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- To: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, <shebs at apple dot com>
- Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 02:02:17 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Re: GCC Steering Committee decision on ISO C conversion
On Thu, 13 Jun 2002, Kaveh R. Ghazi wrote:
> For volunteers willing to assist with the conversion, a general rule
> of thumb is that we'll keep traditional C support in the parts of GCC
> compiled by the stage1 bootstrap compiler. However to avoid
> confusion, below is an explicit list of the sections where we consider
> traditional C required and those where we prefer ISO C.
> Traditional C Required
> GCC backend (anything in libbackend.a)
Does this require traditional C for target files in gcc/config/ for
targets that are only used for cross-compilation, or which don't have any
non-ISO bootstrap compiler?
Joseph S. Myers