Re: GCC Steering Committee decision on ISO C conversion

On Thu, 13 Jun 2002, Kaveh R. Ghazi wrote:
> The GCC Steering Committee was asked to consider dropping traditional
> (K&R) C support in the GCC sources and allow converting everything to
> ISO C.  http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2002-06/msg00337.html

>From time to time non-ISO C89 code but valid ISO C99 (and C++)
code creeps into the compiler: specifically declarations of
variables after the first statement in a block:

 {
   int i;
   doit ();
   int j;
 }

As long as cross-compilers are supposed to be buildable with
gcc-2.95, I suggest that "ISO C" should be further qualified as
"ISO C89" (or whatever the correct standardese term is).
Necessary only for the "non-C language frontends" file group, of
course.

brgds, H-P