This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Sharing hard registers
- From: law at redhat dot com
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 14:27:39 -0600
- Subject: Sharing hard registers
- Reply-to: law at redhat dot com
It may be necessary to back out the last patch which makes gen_rtx_REG
share hard registers in some circumstances.
I've run into a problem in at least the rs6000 port which assumes hard
registers are never shared. I'm planning to fix the rs6000, but we need
to keep an eye out for problems -- it won't take more than one or two to
make me want to revert that part of the patch.