Re: RFDiscussion: Macros used throughout gcc but not definedanywhere

Some of these delimit debugging code.  Do we have a policy on the
inclusion of #ifdef-ed debugging code?  I am inclined to say that it
should be accessible at run time if that makes sense, and removed
otherwise.
I agree.

If we really want code that only appears in debuggable binaries, then
it should be like --enable-checking; you do --enable-debugging (which
is on for the mainline and disabled on release branches) to turn on
GCC_DEBUG or some such.

But, there shouldn't just be magic macros that you have to know about
and turn on to get debugging functions.