Re: [RFC] Covariant return patch for GCC 3.1

David Hunt wrote:

Hi y'all,

   While working on a project of my own, I ran into some severe
problems moving my work from Windows 2000 to Linux, namely the lack of
support for covariant returns. I created a patch for the GCC 3.1 release
( not the branch ) to allow me to use my old code without an extensive
rewrite.

[...]

I don't understand. Covariant return types work just fine for me (at least since 2.95, IIRC). Could you post an example that was failing for you?

--
Brane Čibej <brane@xbc.nu> http://www.xbc.nu/brane/