Re: How to write config file for a new target?

> From: "Jiang Alan" <whjiang_cn@hotmail.com>
> To: gcc@gcc.gnu.org
> Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 14:30:24 +0800

>    I want to port gcc to a new machine. But the output(assemble code) of
> gcc for this machine is not assembled and linked by gas and gld. This
> machine uses its own assembler and linker. How can I write in gcc config
> file (etc config.sub and gcc/config.gcc) to let gcc know this and emit
> correct code for gcc to call each utility?

What part of the 500 page book where we describe this was unclear?
:-( See for example,
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-3.0.4/gcc_20.html#SEC210

>    And I also don't know how to let the lib and include files
> dependent to this machine be installed by gcc Makefile
> automatically.

Try a four paragraph question.  You eliminated all the detail that
allows me to answer this.

Explain what you saw, why it is wrong, what you would rather see
instead and the commands you issued to get there.