Re: gnat cross-compiles ?

Andreas Schwab writes:
> We have already built gnat for ia64, alpha and ppc, via cross compiling
> from i386.  Sparc, s390 and x86-64 are on my todo list.

I think that cross-compiling is the most confusing part of GCC, we
certainly get more questions about that than anything else, even from
experts.  Andreas, would you be willing to write a note describing your
process?  It doesn't need to be thorough, it could be as simple as just
listing the exact sequence of commands you used to produce, say, the ppc
compiler by cross-compilation from i386.