Re: Convert 3.2 sources to ISO C90

   From: law@redhat.com
   Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 00:06:11 -0600

   No, what it really means is that some poor GCC developer gets stuck doing
   this stuff.  HP certainly isn't going to do it.  So what it really means
   is that *I* get stuck doing this crap.

So we're stuck with K&R because nobody can be found to make GCC
binaries for HP, that is what this all amounts to.

   Solaris has been a lot more stable in its ability to run the compiler across
   different revisions if the OS.  In HP-land things haven't ever been that
   stable.

Regardless the sunfreeware.com site is continually making new
binaries available when new versions of GCC are released.

So even if Solaris had the technical problems HPUX does, it
still wouldn't matter.

So again, what you're telling us is that GCC sources should be
stuck with K&R simply because nobody is going to make binary packages
for HP.

This is why I found the whole HP platform argument comical since the
beginning of this thread.