This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Convert 3.2 sources to ISO C90
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- To: Stan Shebs <shebs at apple dot com>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 21:31:15 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Re: Convert 3.2 sources to ISO C90
On Wed, 5 Jun 2002, Stan Shebs wrote:
> be dropped for 3.2, and that patches converting K&R syntax to pure
> ISO be accepted as obvious improvements.
Can the scripts used for converting GDB be adapted so that the basic
conversion (getting rid of PARAMS, converting all function definitions to
new-style form) can be done at one go rather than piecemeal?
(Some other benefits of such a change, e.g. being able to use string
concatenation, being able to have function parameters of type bool, are
probably more difficult to do automatically.)
Joseph S. Myers