This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: Update to host installation notes for GCC on Win2K
- From: Ed Maste <emaste at SANDVINE dot com>
- To: 'Janis Johnson' <janis187 at us dot ibm dot com>, Jeff Russell <jeffry at mail dot utexas dot edu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 15:59:33 -0400
- Subject: RE: Update to host installation notes for GCC on Win2K
> On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 12:15:24PM -0500, Jeff Russell wrote:
> > A suggested addition to the installation notes for:
> > Microsoft Windows (32 bit) enivoronment with Cygwin.
> > During the configuration step, use path names rooted at
> "/cygdrive" instead
> > of a drive lettter like "c:", as the colon confuses sed.
Note that /cygdrive is Cygwin's default drive letter mount prefix but can be
changed. Cygwin mount will show the prefixes in use (mount
--show-cygdrive-prefix), and Cygwin also comes with a handy cygpath utility
to convert between path types (cygpath -u c:). These could be mentioned
along with /cygdrive in the notes.