This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Update to host installation notes for GCC on Win2K
- From: Janis Johnson <janis187 at us dot ibm dot com>
- To: Jeff Russell <jeffry at mail dot utexas dot edu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 12:28:41 -0700
- Subject: Re: Update to host installation notes for GCC on Win2K
- References: <LIEAKIKNANBLEKNLIAPGGEFFCBAA.email@example.com>
On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 12:15:24PM -0500, Jeff Russell wrote:
> A suggested addition to the installation notes for:
> Microsoft Windows (32 bit) enivoronment with Cygwin.
> During the configuration step, use path names rooted at "/cygdrive" instead
> of a drive lettter like "c:", as the colon confuses sed.
If no one else adds this soon you can submit a patch against
> My build was sucessful:
> $ ./config.guess
> $ ./gcc -v
> Reading specs from ./../lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/3.1/specs
> Configured with:
> /cygdrive/d/data/gcc/gcc-3.1/configure --prefix=/usr/local/gcc-3.1
> Thread model: single
> gcc version 3.1
> This is a Pentium 4 System with Microsoft Windows 2000 5.00.2195 Service
> Pack 2.
> $ uname -a
> CYGWIN_NT-5.0 WATERFALL 1.3.10(0.51/3/2) 2002-02-25 11:14 i686 unknown
Thanks! Your message is linked from the GCC 3.1 build status list at