Re: Why long command line for libgcj.so?

   From: "H . J . Lu" <hjl@lucon.org>
   Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 13:55:54 -0700

   I suspect stack/heap/memory limit. My machine has 1GB RAM. The problem
   is it is almost impossible to run ld in gdb since the command line
   for building libgcj.so is way too long. May I ask why we can't use
   "ld -r" or "ar"/--whole-archive to build libgcj.so? Is that because
   libtool doesn't support it?

I was going to ask this same question.  Doing the link of all the
objects at once also increases the memory usage of the libjava build.
I can just barely do this link with 128MB of ram on Sparc for example.