This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: looking for a proof for every optimizier flag (c/c++)
- From: Tim Prince <tprince at computer dot org>
- To: Joerg Beyer <j dot beyer at web dot de>, gcc at gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 05:40:39 -0700
- Subject: Re: looking for a proof for every optimizier flag (c/c++)
- References: <200206031104.g53B4XX03561@mailgate5.cinetic.de>
- Reply-to: tprince at computer dot org
On Monday 03 June 2002 04:04, Joerg Beyer wrote:
> I am looking for a small piece of c/c++ source for (if possible)
> every optimizer flag gcc has, to check/test/proof how good this
> optimization works. e.g.: a simple function will benefit from
> inlining, for loops will benefit from loop unrolling and so on.
> I would like to build a small benchmark (as seen on
> http://cbench.sourceforge.net ) for each optimizer flag. If anybody
> has a small piece of code that benefits from a single (or combination)
> of optimizer flags, I would ask him to mail me this source.
> If there is general interest, than I could sumarize what I found out
> into a small howto-use-optimizer-flags text and post it.
> Thanks in advance
> ps: please cc me, since I am not on the list.
This will be platform, (somewhat) language, and compiler version dependent.
Can you be more precise about your interests? If this generates any
interest, how will you follow it if you choose not to subscribe to the list?