This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: make sh-1 support in gcc obsolete?
- From: Anthony Green <green at redhat dot com>
- To: Joern Rennecke <joern dot rennecke at superh dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 02 Jun 2002 18:46:57 -0700
- Subject: Re: make sh-1 support in gcc obsolete?
- References: <3CF40F53.54D445D3@superh.com>
On Tue, 2002-05-28 at 16:14, Joern Rennecke wrote:
> Now, while sh-coff might be used in the future as a starting
> point for a coff-based OS port, I can't see any such redeeming
> features for SH-1. Moreover, by removing sh-1 support, we'll also remove
> two multilibs from the standard sh-elf port, thus reducing build times,
> test times, and binary toolchain size.
Please don't do this. I just discovered an open source project to
replace the firmware in my Archos mp3 player, which uses the SH-1.
I'm about to try building an SH-1 toolchain right now...