Re: floating point war casualty list

<<Now, Stephen is as much a volunteer as I am, so I think we have to tread
carefully, here (even if - strictly speaking - you're right).

Right, I know that, and my message was also for general consuption (or
I would have sent it by email :-) The point is that I think we should
all carefully avoid any indication of contractual obligation because
it misleads people, and that seems undesirable.

Of course Stephen has every right (but not obligation :-) to argue
energetically that things are going in the wrong direction here, and
indeed I tend to agree. Changes in this area are really delicate, and
could use more careful study before being implemented. Keeping
floating-point working correctly on all targets is really tricky, since
very few people know what the floating-point characteristics are on
all targets.