This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: What to include in a bugreport related to boostrapping?
- From: Joe Buck <Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot com>
- To: Alexander dot Klein at math dot uni-giessen dot de (Alexander Klein)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 16:25:12 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: What to include in a bugreport related to boostrapping?
> When trying to build GCC with versions >=3, they will always explode sooner
> or later, depending on the exact version. 3.1, for example, goes through
> the boostrapping process, but then dies generating illegal Assembler
> instructions while compiling the libraries. Unfortunately, I'm a bit unsure
> what I should include to make a useful bugreport.
Before filing a bug report, tell us what platform you are using (OS and
version), any special configure options you're using, and what error
messages you're seeing.