Re: libstdc++ configure foobar ?

On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 03:53:06PM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 09:32:35PM +0200, Marc Espie wrote:
>
> > And I've been using official autoconf to check this. There would be
> > a difference in the preamble if I were using a distinct autoconf.
>
> Not necessarily.  Only if you were using one with a distinct version
> number.

And that's a problem, yes.  For a long time the recommended/required
version of the autotools to use with libstdc++-v3 was a patched version
of autoconf that didn't have its version number changed.  Many of the v3
developers still use that version (I might actually be one, but don't have
the development machine handy to check).

Don't worry about the diffs in configure for v3.

Now, the configure/configure.in checkin inconsistency just sounds like
an oops; feel free to fix that.

(And when you have questions about libstdc++-v3, please mail the v3 list.)

Phil