Re: RFC: Disable RTL inlininer for Java?

Jan> We want to do optimizations at tree level and thus all langauges must
Jan> use trees in order to be fully optimized.

Jan> I believe that getting Java function-at-time should be current
Jan> goal of the Java developers (if time allows, of course)

The .java reader already does this (in fact, I think it was the first
front end to do it).  However, this is less useful than you might
think since the existing tree optimization code is C-specific.

The .class reader doesn't build functions as trees.  I have an 80%
patch to do this, but I lack the time to finish and debug it :-(

Tom