This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: ASM_OUTPUT_SECTION_NAME cleanup patch problem
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Rekha Deshmukh <RekhaD at kpit dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 11:11:41 -0700
- Subject: Re: ASM_OUTPUT_SECTION_NAME cleanup patch problem
- References: <69595093233BB547BB70CF5E492B63F232A25D@sohm.kpit.com>
On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 05:58:27PM +0530, Rekha Deshmukh wrote:
> The EH_FRAME_SECTION_NAME macro is set for sh-coff and sh-hms wrongly.
> In the source code previous to this patch (gcc-3.0.3,gcc-3.0.4) the
> EH_FRAME_SECTION was set only if the DWARF2_UNWIND_INFO was set, that
> was in the defaults.h file.
While this could be reverted in gcc, you'd almost certainly have better
results by modifying newlib to handle dwarf2 unwind info. This has been
done for other coff targets, so I see no reason why it wouldn't work for
SH as well.