Re: C99 conformance bug in gcc-3.1

On May 31, 2002, Fergus Henderson <fjh@cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:

> Furthermore, it would be odd for zero-sized array members to behave
> differently than flexible array members.

Well, since one can always adjust the amount of allocated space by
taking the difference between the size of the struct and the offset of
the flexible array member, and the worst that can happen if one
doesn't adjust is to end up allocate a few bytes of additional memory,
I don't think this is such a big deal.  But hey!, Standard compliance
is something we should strive for, so let's try and change the
Standard :-)