Re: Commit policy wrt. to-be-obsolete targets

On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 09:06:42AM +0200, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:

 > That is, just assuming maintainership to rescue a port, but not actually
 > doing anything about that port is not sufficient. Personally, I'm leaning
 > towards handing over maintainership after a first set of patches to the
 > port and documentation (gcc/doc/install.texi) has been submitted.

Well, I am starting by just doing some spring cleaning in config/ns32k.

I know there are some codegen bugs lurking, but a mostly-working NetBSD/pc532
kernel can be built from the current compiler.  We're working on a dejagnu
setup so we can do the execute bits of the testsuite in some reasonable
manner (I have to figure out how to make dejagnu do the execute tests
remotely -- you do NOT want to know how long it takes a pc532 to build tcl :-)

Re. install.texi, an overhaul of general NetBSD info is on my TODO list
for my Day Job, so ns32k-netbsd info will be included there.