Re: 3.2 PATCH: Fully support parallel gnat1/gnatbind builds

    > One interesting approach would be to have a mode in which GNAT generates
    > ANSI C (or actually GNU C would be more reasonable). Then the C sources
    > could be used to do a bootstrap. It would be otherwise valuable to have
    > a C generating backend for Ada (to bring Ada to machines with a C but
    > no Ada), so that would be an interesting project.

    Sounds great.  I suggest adding this to projects/beginner.html
    (on second thought maybe not ;-) or start a projects/ada.html?

It is *far* from a beginner's project.  Indeed, the main reason it hasn't
been done is that it is a very *hard* project.  If you really want to use
ANSI C, you have to figure out how to deal with nested functions.  If you
use GNU C, that isn't a problem, but you still have to deal with things
like discriminated records and unconstrained arrays.