This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc register allocation
- From: Michael Matz <matz at kde dot org>
- To: danish samad <danish081 at hotmail dot com>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 11:42:12 +0200 (MET DST)
- Subject: Re: gcc register allocation
On Fri, 31 May 2002, danish samad wrote:
> Say I have two register banks, a lower bank and an upper bank containing any
> number of registers. I want to allocate registers such that for an operation
> say addition:
> Upper bank register = Lower bank register + Upper bank register
> I tried making seperate classes for both banks
Yes, this is the correct approach.
> but that doesnt seem to work
You would need to be more specific about the actual problem, if we should
help. You did read the manual, especially the target macros section about
registers and register classes, didn't you?