Re: Commit policy wrt. to-be-obsolete targets

On Thu, 30 May 2002, Zack Weinberg wrote:
>> I'm trying to help a friend (and PC532 owner :-) rescue the ns32k
>> target from being tossed into the bit bucket. [...]
> I'd be inclined to say that anyone who wants it can have the
> maintainership, and take the obsoletion off the list [...]

...provided that s/he actually shows signs of activity. ;-)

That is, just assuming maintainership to rescue a port, but not actually
doing anything about that port is not sufficient. Personally, I'm leaning
towards handing over maintainership after a first set of patches to the
port and documentation (gcc/doc/install.texi) has been submitted.

Gerald