This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: floating point war casualty list
- From: Stephen L Moshier <steve at moshier dot net>
- To: Stan Shebs <shebs at apple dot com>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 22:09:19 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: floating point war casualty list
On Mon, 27 May 2002, Stan Shebs wrote:
> Update your sandbox, many of the "bad" configs are already gone
> (and good riddance :-) ). -s
Yes, I didn't understand that is the policy.
The stated reasons for breaking all those things were
we don't trust assemblers
we got rid of <expletive deleted>
The real reason, apparently, is that you are narrowing the
project focus and sloughing off things that don't fit in the focus.
That may be disappointing but at least it makes some sense.