Re: QMTest and the G++ testsuite

On Mon, 20 May 2002, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> --On Monday, May 20, 2002 03:57:57 PM +0100 Jason Merrill
> <jason@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > My main concern is support for cross testing; there's a lot of code in the
> > DejaGNU suite for dealing with different build/host/target combinations.
>
> Thanks for responding!
>
> OK; let's explore this issue further.
>
> At present, you can specify an "interpreter" which is supposed to have
> the property that:
>
>   interpreter program arg1 arg2 ...
>
> does whatever:
>
>   program arg1 arg2
>
> would do if run natively.  Are there problems with that interface?

Minor point: It would help if there's a provision for slightly
more complex interpreter arrangements, at least "interpreter
program arg1 arg2" could be "interpreter iarg1 iarg2 ... program
arg1 arg2".  Maybe it's already there?

Is there a document somewhere that describes the preference for
Python?  It's a new tool dependency, so the question arises "why
didn't Perl or Tcl suffice" (Perl being depended on for updating
manuals IIRC).  No need to answer here; I'm sure there's a
thought or two written down to appease peasants like me. :-)

brgds, H-P