M-core cross compiler

Hi All

I'm a little confused.

I'm new to gcc and have only just built my first i686 native compiler.

I would very much like to build for the following targets : ARM, M-Core,
Intel 80186, Mitsubishi M16, 683xx and possibly some others. The first
problem that I have is to find which are supported (I have gcc 3.0.4) and
the second to find out which configuration options are best suited. I have
found lists of targets but not found all that I need and some are not
listed, although I know they exist.

For example I have a GNU compiler for the Motorola M-core which I received
together with a development board from Motorola (gcc version egcs-2.91.60)
but find no reference to it being supported.

I notice also that when new releases of gcc come out, they often drop
support for older processors (I'm thinking about the 80186 here).

So can someone tell me where to find a complete list of supported targets
and, in particular, if it is possible to build for M-Core and 80186 ?

Many thanks for your time

Regards

Mark

ps. Have just configured for ARM-ELF using the following flags

>>configure flags: --target=arm-elf --prefix=/mygnu --with-gnu-as
--with-gnu-ld --with-newlib --verbose

which I copied from a test report I found. Any better suggestions ?