This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFC: Disable RTL inlininer for Java?
- From: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- To: davem at redhat dot com, jh at suse dot cz
- Cc: dewar at gnat dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, lars dot spam at nocrew dot org
- Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 16:56:39 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: RFC: Disable RTL inlininer for Java?
<<Another relevant question is how much do languages such as
g77 and GNAT really benefit from inlining?
Inlining is enormously important in Ada. Actually more important than other
languages because it is a standard and routinely used part of the language
to mark subprograms that can be inlined.