This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFC: Disable RTL inlininer for Java?
- From: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- To: davem at redhat dot com, s dot bosscher at student dot tudelft dot nl
- Cc: bryce at waitaki dot otago dot ac dot nz, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, java at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 16:55:13 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: RFC: Disable RTL inlininer for Java?
<Moving to trees is something the GNAT and g77 folks are going to need
to consider for reasons far from the scope of inlining. For example,
when GCC is able to optimize data access patterns, such an
optimization will undoubtedly be done using trees. We might also do
other optimizations at the tree level.
The GNAT folks certainly intend to make this change in the future for
all these good reasons :-)