This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFC: Disable RTL inlininer for Java?
- From: Toon Moene <toon at moene dot indiv dot nluug dot nl>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "David S. Miller" <davem at redhat dot com>, bryce at waitaki dot otago dot ac dot nz, java at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 22:21:17 +0200
- Subject: Re: RFC: Disable RTL inlininer for Java?
- Organization: Moene Computational Physics, Maartensdijk, The Netherlands
- References: <3CF5C87D.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20020530113616.A5287@redhat.com>
Richard Henderson wrote:
> On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 03:06:55AM -0700, David S. Miller wrote:
> > Why don't we just kill the whole RTL inliner on the mainline?
> That would negatively impact Fortran statement functions
> (or whatever they're called) that are currently implemented
> with nested inline functions.
Where *currently* means: as implemented by g77. If you happen to be a
proponent of removing the RTL inliner, you might want to support
completing g95 - i.e., have it coupled to the tree structure
Thanks in advance.
Toon Moene - mailto:email@example.com - phoneto: +31 346 214290
Saturnushof 14, 3738 XG Maartensdijk, The Netherlands
Maintainer, GNU Fortran 77: http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/g77_news.html
Join GNU Fortran 95: http://g95.sourceforge.net/ (under construction)