Re: Bug Archive Search Down?

On Thu, 30 May 2002, Mike Mitchell wrote:
> I was going to look and see if a compiler bug had been reported against 3.1,
> and it appears that the interface on gcc.gnu.org is down. Could you take a
> look at this? Thank you for your time and effort.

Could you please provide more details, so I know what to look
for (like as follows)?  The results of searching for 6838 in
the searchbox at gcc.gnu.org looks as expected.

I *do* know that some words and combinations of words (like
plainly searching for bug) will take too long and be aborted
with a "500" error.  It can't be generally fixed while the site
is on a single resource-shared machine, so I advise to use an
external search engine like google or altavista when that
happens.  (Or search again, since the file cache is "hotter" for
the initially needed pages.)

brgds, H-P