This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: DECL_RTL vs. explicit make_decl_rtl calls
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: "David S. Miller" <davem at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 11:46:36 -0700
- Subject: Re: DECL_RTL vs. explicit make_decl_rtl calls
- References: <email@example.com>
On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 04:02:06AM -0700, David S. Miller wrote:
> Why do we ever perform explicit make_decl_rtl calls when
> DECL_RTL will do that when necessary?
One or two of them are to make sure that ENCODE_SECTION_INFO
gets called. Though there's no particular reason not to call
that directly now that it's a target hook instead of a macro.