Re: Short Displacement Problems.

> In my experiments I've been simply using ADRESSOF as kind of "ticket for
> stack slot" and it appears to work pretty well up to the reload.  Major
> problem is that lowering the code may result in CSEable expressions.

Right, but the problem is that ADDRESSOF doesn't work in general for
structs.  The result is a huge penalty in C++ for temporary objects
with more than one data member, compared to with one.

Stack slot assignment probably isn't worth the bother unless it works
for structs, not just objects that have a mode that GCC knows about.