This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: inlining inefficiencies
- From: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- To: Dan Nicolaescu <dann at godzilla dot ICS dot UCI dot EDU>
- Cc: Kurt Garloff <garloff at suse dot de>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>,Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot de>
- Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 13:24:53 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: inlining inefficiencies
On Thu, 30 May 2002, Dan Nicolaescu wrote:
> Daniel Berlin <email@example.com> writes:
> > ssa-ccp seems to help the bar function a lot, by noting that the values
> > it's storing into memory are constant.
> > The end result is that the stores get eliminated later:
> Unfortunately it makes no difference on SPARC :-(
> Are you planning on adding ssa-ccp to the tree level too?
Yup. It's done and works, or at least, it was before simplification
stuff happened. i'll have to redo portions, likely.
> doesn't seem that RTL ssa will be enabled by default soon...