This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: C99 conformance bug in gcc-3.1
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- To: Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs dot mu dot OZ dot AU>
- Cc: Momchil Velikov <velco at fadata dot bg>, Tony Finch <dot at dotat dot at>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 17:41:15 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Re: C99 conformance bug in gcc-3.1
On Thu, 30 May 2002, Fergus Henderson wrote:
> GNU C permits structs with zero-sized array members to be elements of
> other arrays or structs, and thus requires them to be padded to ensure
All cases where flexible array member constraints aren't checked are
(documented) bugs, not extensions that should be used, except for the
single documented extension of allowing static initialization.
Joseph S. Myers