Re: RFC: Disable RTL inlininer for Java?

On 30-May-2002, David S. Miller <davem@redhat.com> wrote:
>    From: Steven Bosscher <s.bosscher@student.tudelft.nl>
>    Date: 30 May 2002 12:59:48 +0200
>
>    It would be a huge job to have GNAT and g77 use the tree inliner
>    because they don't build functions as trees.

It would also require some work for the Mercury front-end.

Currently the Mercury front-end doesn't use function-at-a-time
compilation, because there is no language-independent tree representation
for switch statements.

(However, Mercury doesn't really benefit from the RTL inliner,
since we do our own inlining pass in the Mercury front-end.)