Re: RFC: Disable RTL inlininer for Java?

Op do 30-05-2002, om 12:06 schreef David S. Miller:

> Why don't we just kill the whole RTL inliner on the mainline?
> It rots more and more over time, hey this might provide more
> of an impetus for folks to work on tree inlining for the lagging
> languages :-)

It would be a huge job to have GNAT and g77 use the tree inliner because
they don't build functions as trees.

Also, the tree inliner still depends on stuff from c-*.

Greetz
Steven

Things from the C family front ends that tree-inline.c uses:

Macros (in c-common.h):
`DECL_ANON_UNION_ELEMS'
`SCOPE_STMT_BLOCK'
`SCOPE_BEGIN_P'