Re: RFC: Disable RTL inlininer for Java?

"David S. Miller" <davem@redhat.com> writes:
> Why don't we just kill the whole RTL inliner on the mainline?
> It rots more and more over time, hey this might provide more
> of an impetus for folks to work on tree inlining for the lagging
> languages :-)

This seems to imply that the tree language is the only supported
interface to the GCC back end.  I.e. no front end should ever bypass
the tree code to generate RTL directly for the back end.  Is that so?

Maybe that's obvious to everyone else working with GCC, but I haven't
seen it stated anywhere.

--
Lars Brinkhoff          http://lars.nocrew.org/     Linux, GCC, PDP-10,
Brinkhoff Consulting    http://www.brinkhoff.se/    HTTP programming