This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Setting up gcc-3.0.1
- From: Joe Buck <Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot com>
- To: StewartA at nima dot mil (Stewart, Ahamadou V. [C])
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org ('gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org')
- Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 14:51:23 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Setting up gcc-3.0.1
> To whom it may concern,
> Can I get a step by step process on how to set up gcc-3.0.1.
I would advise against using 3.0.1; use either 3.0.4 or 3.1 instead.
Otherwise you'll suffer from bugs that have already been fixed.
See http://gcc.gnu.org/install if you intend to build the compiler from
source (this only works if you already have a C compiler on your system);
otherwise see http://gcc.gnu.org/install/binaries.html to find precompiled
If you're still stuck, please send a request for assistance to
email@example.com, not firstname.lastname@example.org. Don't forget to specify what
your operating system is.