Re: gcc 3.1 full success: i386-unknown-openbsd

On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 02:51:25AM +0200, Marc Espie wrote:
> okay, I've now managed to compile ALL frontends of gcc 3.1 on OpenBSD.
> I'll try running the tests and posting results soon...
>
> Yep, this includes gnat.
>
> It took a while, I went through a linux cross-compiler, that actually
> ended up masquerading as a native compiler on OpenBSD (thanks to linux
> emulation): I had to build the cross-compiler anyways, since the binary
> formats are completely different.
>
> I thought the game was over at one point, because the linux cross-compiler
> proved out to be unable to compile the lib and tools on the linux systems,
> but transferring system.ads and friends turned out to be enough to satisfy
> configure that gnat was working...
>
> and indeed, it appears to be enough. bootstrap went fine, tools built fine.
>
> I'm now running a second bootstrap, using the new natively built
> compiler... I don't expect any trouble, since the first bootstrap + tools
> building worked.

Your message is now linked from the GCC 3.1 build status list at
http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-3.1/buildstat.html.  Let me know if there's
additional information that should be added to the entry.  I'll watch
for your test results, but remind me if I don't add them in the next
couple of days.

> So, is there an area to drop native binary packages for gnat yet ?

It sounds like you had trouble building other things than Ada.  If
that's true, you might consider making your other binaries available
as well.

Janis