Re: gcc 3.1 full success: i386-unknown-openbsd

On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 02:51:25AM +0200, Marc Espie wrote:
> okay, I've now managed to compile ALL frontends of gcc 3.1 on OpenBSD.
> I'll try running the tests and posting results soon...
> Yep, this includes gnat.
> It took a while, I went through a linux cross-compiler, that actually
> ended up masquerading as a native compiler on OpenBSD (thanks to linux
> emulation): I had to build the cross-compiler anyways, since the binary
> formats are completely different.
> I thought the game was over at one point, because the linux cross-compiler
> proved out to be unable to compile the lib and tools on the linux systems,
> but transferring and friends turned out to be enough to satisfy
> configure that gnat was working...
> and indeed, it appears to be enough. bootstrap went fine, tools built fine.
> I'm now running a second bootstrap, using the new natively built
> compiler... I don't expect any trouble, since the first bootstrap + tools
> building worked.

Your message is now linked from the GCC 3.1 build status list at  Let me know if there's
additional information that should be added to the entry.  I'll watch
for your test results, but remind me if I don't add them in the next
couple of days.
> So, is there an area to drop native binary packages for gnat yet ?

It sounds like you had trouble building other things than Ada.  If
that's true, you might consider making your other binaries available
as well.