[ast-optimizer-branch] merged mainline into branch as of 2002-05-26

The new merge brought in several changes to the CFG code.  The
basic block array is not guaranteed to be contiguous anymore, so
we should be using the FOR_EACH_... macros in basic-blocks.h.

I have changed most of the basic block traversals, except the
ones in tree-ssa-pre.c and remove_unreachable_blocks().  At the
moment we compact the basic block array every time a block
disappears.

I suspect SSA and probably PRE will break when we convert
remove_unreachable_blocks().

Bootstrapped and regression tested on x86.

Diego.