Possible extension for web-pages

just a quick idea: How about a web-form to test the current
release/CVS-version of the compiler? If I find a potential bug in gcc,
it is usually difficult for me to tell whether it is already fixed in
the current version or not. And I cannot install other versions of the
gcc in the company, so it would be easiest to send a small piece of code
to a web-form and see what the compiler says about it. Comeau
( has such a page and I find it really useful as
I don't have to bother anyone with "stupid" questions. Sure it is a lot
of work to build the scripts, etc. but I might not be the only one who'd
use this feature. Currently, I'd like to have gcc 2.95.3, pre-2.95.4,
3.1 and pre-3.2 to test, but as a start, only the release-versions (that
are not changing daily) would also be nice.

Regards, Daniel

Daniel Frey

aixigo AG - financial training, research and technology
Schloß-Rahe-Straße 15, 52072 Aachen, Germany
fon: +49 (0)241 936737-42, fax: +49 (0)241 936737-99
eMail:, web: