Crosscompiler C/C++ developement.

My company sells a mulitplatform library written in C++. One of our
clients wishes to use this library on AIX, using the xlC compiler and
the C language. We developed a C wrapper round the C++ core to this
end. Since our version of the xlC compiler has minimal C++ support we
wish to explore the following path:
1) use gcc to compile the C++ core and the the C wrapper.
2) create a static library to deliver to the customer.
3) the customer uses xlC to compile and link to our library.
the problem is that a test application generated according to this
scenario requires me to link with libsupc++.a and libgcc.a and results
in an application that dumps core.

Can anyone tell if
1) this scenario is feasible
2) how to go about creating a fully functional application
All information is welcome
Immanuel
His endeavours to improve these conditions by innovations in the
current methods of teaching are fully described in his writings; these
made him unpopular with his brethren in the order and led to his
removals to the monastery of Pomposa near Ferrara, Italy. Here the
same lot seems to have befallen him.
About Guido of Arezzo

Immanuel Litzroth
Email: Immanuell@enfocus.be